Friday, December 14

The Twelve Days of Christmas Recipes, Day 7: An Ornament Pattern!

I thought I'd do something a little different today for the TDoCR.  I like to do little crafty things, and I created some patterns for cloth Christmas ornaments.  Here are a few patterns for you to make!

Day 7: Primitive Ornament Patterns

Materials needed:
1/2 yard osnaburg fabric or burlap fabric
Embroidery thread, colors of your choice
Needle
Straight pins
Poly-fil fiber fill, or similar
10" length of coordinating narrow ribbon

What to do:


Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to link the picture to the PDF file, so just right click on the picture and save it, and print it at your leisure!  To get the scale I used, the gray area should take up the whole 8 1/2" x 11" paper.  Sorry about that; I had good intentions!  There are times that I wish I knew someone who could help me with HTML code.  I have to try and figure it out on my own when I want to do something.  But I digress.  

The tree is cut on a fold, and you will need to cut two of them.  You will also need two of the bird.

I'll walk you through the steps for the bird.  First, sew a face and wing on the front of the bird.  Do what you like, make him as fancy or primitive as you like!  Then sew your length of ribbon on the back piece.  I recommend completely hand-sewing the pieces to give them more of a homespun look.

Next, pin the front and back pieces together, right sides out.  Sew a running stitch around the entire bird, leaving 1"-2" open to stuff the bird lightly with fiberfil.  Then go ahead and sew him closed.  That's it!
Do the same with the tree.  You can embellish it as little or as much as you like; it all depends on your taste.
I think that these would be simple ornaments to make with your child if you are trying to teach them to sew.  You can use embroidery or regular sewing techniques to create them!

I do ask that you please only use these patterns for your home.  Please do not use these patterns for resale.  Thank you!

This is a great project to do while watching Christmas shows.  You'll see that my stuffed Rudolph was watching "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" while I wrote this post.  He likes to call it his autobiography. 

Luke 2:12: This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis