Friday, October 4

Just a Post

Wow, it's October.  Hard to believe!  Especially when our first week of October topped the 80 degree mark each day.  I'm just so ready for the cool fall weather!  Every year I get impatient for the seasons to change, but I can't help it.  Every season has such wonderful qualities to appreciate.  I love the crisp air and beautiful countryside in the fall, the white sparkling snow in the winter, the new life in the spring, and the warmth of the summer sun.  I'm hoping to get some pumpkins soon, but our weekends appear to be booked through the month.  We'll see.

I've been busy.  Nothing really to write home about, so to speak, but I'm working on so many little projects that it feels like I'm constantly busy.  Plus, I started Christmas shopping...anyone else like to get their Christmas shopping done early?  I don't like rushing around to do my shopping after Thanksgiving, so I'm excited to start crossing things off of my list now.  That way, I can just sit back and watch the craziness of the holiday season in relative serenity.
I've found myself feeling quite restless lately.  I get this way sometimes--I'm ready for a change, something new; the day-to-day routine becomes hum-drum.  I get wanderlust, and need to strike out and see something I've not seen before.  Then I wonder why I can't just be content with what I have and what I see.  I'm not seeking some sort of drama, just something to get me excited about life again.  Does anyone else ever experience this?  When I find myself in this mood, I don't know what to do with myself, and invariably do nothing, opting for the vegetative state of mindless television watching.  I get excited with an idea--maybe something crafty, or trying a new recipe, or doing something that I've put off for a while--then manage to talk myself right out of doing the very thing that I had just been excited to do.  What's wrong with me?  Perhaps I'm just normal, and everyone goes through these phases.  Which is exactly what it is--a phase.  Ah, it will pass, just as it always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis