Wednesday, September 15

What A Weekend!

New job!
I was hired!  I won't start for a few weeks, but I'll be a part-time secretary for a Methodist church about 20 minutes away.  The people there seem really nice, and I'm looking forward to working again.  Not that I haven't enjoyed my time as a housewife, but housewifery doesn't pay well at all :)  There are three other part-time employees there, and besides assisting them, I will be doing basic secretarial tasks, like church bulletins, announcements, answering phones, filing, etc.  I am looking forward to earning a paycheck again!


Hubby's Interview
Well, now that I have a new job, I think my husband needs one too!  He had his interview on Friday.  He thinks that it went well, even though he had no sleep beforehand (he had just finished working midnights that morning, and had the interview at 3 in the afternoon).  We should hear one way or the other if they offer him the job in two or three weeks.  Please keep praying that it might be God's will for him to get this job!

This weekend has been a bit, well, trying.  There was a little of everything!  I know that everything happens for a reason, and that if looked at through the correct perspective, can be used to give glory to God--even when we don't see the beauty in it!  Romans 8:28 states: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."  If that doesn't make me feel better about the good and bad events in life, then I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis