Friday, September 10

Sunny September

Finally, Cooler Weather!
It's so nice to finally enjoy some cooler weather.  It's been beautiful outside lately!  I keep hoping that one of these nights we will be able to enjoy a fire in our outdoor firepit.  It's one of those little things that I really like to do with my hubby--we sit outside as the sun sets and the fire blazes, playing cards or a board game, or whatever we want to do, and when it gets too dark, I bring out my oil lamp and we use it to continue our games.  I just love spending time like that with my hubby.  No television, no distractions, just a quiet night together by the fire!

Our TV Drama
Speaking of television, we finally have ours back!  It was a long and frustrating six weeks (that was supposed to only be two).  We purchased a warranty back when we bought the TV at Best Buy while still in Kentucky.  Lately we had noticed a problem with black/dark spots on the screen, which my hubby looked up online and found to be a defective panel.  The television being four years old, and a rare LG model, we doubted that it could be repaired or replaced, but we were told by Premier Electronics here in Ohio that they had ordered a new panel for the TV.  We were right, and the panel was unavailable, but Premier lied and told us otherwise.  It was the first of many problems we had with them, and so now we are spreading the word that they have horrible customer service there.  If Best Buy wants to use them for a repair, don't let them!  They service Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.  You've been warned!  The good news is that, because they weren't able to fix the problem, we got a brand-new television, which is actually bigger and better than the one we had.  But it still would have been better if we had not worked with incompetent repair people to begin with!

History Comes Alive
I have the opportunity this year to help the annual History Comes Alive program at the McKinnis house.  It is a week of 4th grade students from all around the area coming to the house to do hands-on learning activities about pioneer life.  I'm manning the clothing station, where we are teaching kids how to card wool, spin it into thread, and turn it into fabric that eventually becomes clothing.  I'm a little nervous about dealing with kids every day for an entire week, but I'm honored that they would consider me for help with the program.  We can't volunteer for it, we can only be asked to help.  It's coming up fast, so I'll fill you in on the details in a few weeks.  PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!!!

Fall Decorations
With the change in weather and holidays peeking out from around the corner, I'm looking forward to decorating for the fall and winter.  I love decorating and changing things around the house.  It kind of refreshes the look.  It's something I look forward to every year!  I think I get it from my mom, who also loves to decorate for the seasons/holidays.  Her house always looks so nice and festive.  Maybe part of the reason I love it so much is because it reminds me of when I was younger.

My Sister's Dog
I have to share with you a picture of my sister's new dog, Ninja!  She is so cute.  She is a Corgi, and apparently very well-behaved.  My sister and bro-in-law adopted her from a shelter in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, and they can't praise adopting shelter animals enough now!  I'm happy that they got such a good pet.  I am looking forward to meeting my doggy "niece" hopefully sometime soon!

Reminder: Husband's Interview
Tomorrow is my hubby's interview.  Please be praying that God wants him in that new position!  I have also had two interviews now with an area church for the position of part-time secretary.  They are going to decide who will get a third and final interview over the weekend.

There are so many things in our lives right now that seem up in the air.  I know that God has a purpose and a reason for each one of us to be where we are right now and to be going through the things we are dealing with right now.  No matter how disappointing or difficult the events are in our lives, I always need to remember to praise God for what we are going through.  Nothing is impossible to deal with when we have a relationship with Christ.  I try to remember that praising God in the midst of our troubles, while sometimes very difficult to do, is essential, and I find comfort in the following passages, Philippians 4:6-7: "6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis