Monday, August 30

What's New, Pussycat?

Where Did August Go?
Well, time sure flies.  It's hard to believe that a new week is starting again!  It's been a busy week, although it's been the kind of busy that your mind does not remember.  I know I've been busy, but I can't say what I've been doing because I simply don't remember!  Ugh, if my mind is already this bad, what will it be like when I'm old?? 

The Winds of Change
Hubby and I are discussing making some changes.  We have grown tired of living in a neighborhood, and all of the noise associated with it.  If the City is not making some sort of unnecessary repair to our road (and the repair location is always right in front of our house), then our neighbors are jackhammering their concrete porch to pieces during the day, which means that hubby gets little, if any, sleep before heading into work for the night.  We are considering putting the house up for sale and seeing what we can find out in the quiet of the countryside.  Although it's an exciting move, and a move that I hope will be our last, it's also something new that I have to try and adjust to.  I am finding that the older I get, the less I like changes.  I guess it's because at my old age, I'm getting set in my ways!

Upcoming Events
We have a busy month coming up.  I will go with my husband on a business trip to Missouri this month, and I have several events out at the house.  We also have a family member's birthday, which I won't be able to attend (sorry, sis, but Happy Birthday!), hubby has an interview for a new position on the 10th (keep him in your prayers), our long-awaited vacation (can't come soon enough), at least one quick trip to Indiana, and then whatever might come up in between.  I have a feeling that the month will fly by before I know it!  But I think that most of it will be enjoyable, so yay!  Hopefully by the end of September, I will have good news regarding the aforementioned events.  Until then, we just have to wait.

Reminder
Don't forget to become a follower and check my new pages!  I am adding recipes and have finished adding events to the Events page.  The recipe page is mostly going to consist of baked goods and desserts, with an occasional main dish.  I love to bake, and I have a lot of great recipes for cakes, cookies, and other treats that I would love to share.  I try to watch what I eat, but life is too short to not enjoy delicious treats from time to time.  I hope you like the recipes too!  I am also going to be adding things to my For Sale page, too.  

I find myself becoming easily attached to silly things.  I am very sentimental when someone gives me a gift of some sort that has a special meaning, and I know that it's partly due to the fact that I am a woman, and women tend to be much more sentimental then men.  I have to remember that my treasures are not found here on the earth, but rather the true treasure will one day be found in Heaven.  Mat. 6:19-21 is a good reminder that possessions are just temporary: "19do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis