Tuesday, August 24

Updates on My Boring Life!

A Favor to Ask
I have a favor to ask of you.  If you like this blog, please become a follower!  The more followers I have, and the more visits the blog gets, the easier it is for search engines to find this site.  To become a follower, just click on the follow button to the right of the entry.  I would really appreciate it!

Costume Update
Hubby's Costume Shirt
Well, I've been working diligently on my sewing projects.  I have almost completed my husband's costume shirt.  I just need to get the collar right.  Too bad I sliced off a chunk of my thumb with the rotary cutter today!  It means I'll be taking a short break from sewing.  Good thing I still have a little time to complete the shirt and vest.  I'm a bit scared to start on the vest part of the costume.  I have also taken on the task of making a corset for a fellow volunteer.  These projects should keep me busy for a while!


 Balloon Fest, Aug. 14th
The only photo to survive :(
We got out and about last weekend when we went to the Balloon Fest here in town.  It's an annual event with hot air balloonists coming from all over to compete.  We went Saturday night to see the balloons light up.  It was a nice evening, though a bit humid, and the park was crowded.  But I got my lemon shake-up and enjoyed the time out with my husband.  I took pictures, but my computer ate the digital photos on the card, with exception to the one at the right.  I don't know what happened.  I had planned on putting photos on here.  They are just gone, though, and it made me sad.  :(


Garden Update

Some of my Yukon Golds
Mutated Serrano peppers











My garden is mostly done for the season.  The lettuce is done, the potatoes have been eaten, the onions cured, and the radishes long gone.  I'm still getting tomatoes, and my tiny mutated peppers, and occasionally a banana pepper or two.  I have been getting a good green bean crop, though, and we have those a lot with dinner.  I will miss having fresh green beans in the fall.  Overall I've enjoyed the experience.  It's helped me plan for next year too, because I've learned what grows well here and what doesn't.  I can't wait to try some asparagus next year--I wasn't able to harvest it this first year.  Should be good!  I always think of Jr. Asparagus when I look at my asparagus patch.

 New Additions to the Blog
I have added two new tabs for you to check out!  One is a page that highlights various fall activities in the Ohio, Michigan and Indiana region.  I will try to update this on a regular basis, so check it often!  Fall is my favorite time to get out and do things, with the weather being usually much more accommodating than the hot summertime, so I thought I would share things that I am familiar with in each region, as well as some events that I've never been to, but sounded fun.  Who wouldn't want to go to a Marshmallow Festival??  I am also adding a "things for sale" page.  I don't have the intention to try and pawn my junk off to my friends, but I do have hand-crafted items that I need to try and get rid of.  Right now I don't have anything on there, but I am going to be posting some cards that I made a while back. There is no pressure, but if you are interested in buying something that you see, send me an e-mail and we can work something out.  Or if you know someone who would be interested, send them my way!


This is My Venting Place
I need to vent a little, I guess.  If you don't want to read my opinions, then you might want to skip down to the end of the entry!  I heard a clip on the radio of Oprah saying (and I'm paraphrasing) that there are thousands of ways to get to heaven and that everyone has their own path to get there.  One of the oh-so-many reasons that I cannot stand Oprah.  I also hear people very confidently state that there is no God on a regular basis, usually on liberal-leaning television news shows and talk shows.  People seem to think that saying "there is no God" makes it so.  I don't understand this.  It's not like Tinkerbell, where the more you clap the more fairies there are, or like Santa Claus, where if enough people believe in him it gives the reindeer the ability to fly or something.  God still exists even if someone says they don't believe in Him.  Everyone is still free to have their own beliefs (so far), and are therefore free to believe that there is no God.  It's one of the things that has always made this country greater than any other.  Unfortunately, I also believe that this lack of belief has played a large part in the decline of our society as a whole.  People don't seem to want to be accountable to anybody or anything--in my opinion, it's why there are no manners, and decency has all but disappeared in society today.  Everyone only thinks of themselves.  If they thought they would be held accountable for the way that they treated those around them, they might act differently toward their fellow man.  However, being mean to another person doesn't mean you are destined for Hell.  What condemns many to a hot eternity is lack of faith and relationship with Christ, because "no man comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).  Jesus is clear in the New Testament about this: there is no way to be in the presence of God with the sin that we are all born with.  We must first ask for forgiveness and accept the atonement made through the sacrifice of Christ.  People can be nice, and do "good" things, but those attempts to earn their way into Heaven are pointless without a relationship with Jesus.  Forgiveness cannot be earned; it is freely offered, and up to us to accept the gift.  Praise God for that!  So many people deny that there is a God, and think that they will earn a place in their "heaven" by saving trees, recycling plastic, and doing "good" things, and it makes them feel good.  Those things are all good to do, but they do not make up for our sins!  I guess I'm just tired of how worldly people have become.  Okay!  So there is my rant!

There is only one way to Heaven.  John 14:1-7 states, "1Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  2In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  4You know the way to the place where I am going."  5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"  6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.  7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.  From now on, you do know him and have seen him."  Basically, this passage says that a relationship with Jesus is the only way to get to Heaven.  If you don't have a relationship with Him, but would like one, please contact me and I can put you in touch with someone who can help you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis