Friday, August 13

It's the Weekend!

McKinnis Farm Barn, Autumn

Hello all! I hope everyone has had a good week. I've been spending the week with my husband, who has been on vacation. We might have gone somewhere if it hadn't been for the car needing an unexpected repair, but that's okay. We've had fun spending the week together at home. We have mostly just done things around the house and relaxed. The week has really flown by! I didn't think it would be a busy week, because on Monday I didn't have any appointments for the week, but things seemed to start lining up and before I knew it there were things going on every day.

It's been very hot here. From what I hear, it's been hot everywhere! We've been fighting the heat with central air and frequent trips to the local ice cream places. It's a hard life, but someone has to do it! :) It's a terrible weakness for me during the summertime. I should probably be eating healthy summer treats, like watermelon, but watermelon doesn't come in chocolate with a waffle cone! We discovered a newer place on the other side of town that sells a local brand of ice cream, as well as Amish deli meats, cheeses, baked goods, and local produce. I think it's my new favorite place here in town. We've been there several times for ice cream over the last few weeks, and tonight we bought some deli meat and cheese. Should be good!

Egyptian Sarcophagus
I'm getting anxious for the weather to cool down.  It won't be long before we are on our way to Gettysburg for our vacation this year!  I am so excited to go.  I've had several people tell me that I have to visit all sorts of things while I'm there, which is fine.  I know that there are places that my hubby wants to visit again, and I just want to see it all.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of photos to share when I get back!  Unfortunately, we are not leaving for another month, so I will have to wait it out.  I love traveling, though.  I love seeing things that I've never seen before.  I think I've always learned more that way, as opposed to reading about places or facts in books in school.  I tend to remember things better.  The photo at the right is from our trip up to Toledo back in May, and they had an Egyptian exhibit.  I find Egyptian exhibits fascinating, partly because they are so old, but also more because of the Egyptian stories of the Old Testament.  The museum even had a commemorative cylinder of Nebuchadnezzar on display!  Museums could use more displays relating to Biblical times.  Maybe someday we'll make it to the Creation Museum.



When days and weeks get busy, it's hard to remember to give the Lord priority.  I admit that I haven't done a good job of that this week!  It's even harder when you become overwhelmed by what you are going through.  It's important, though, to remember to rest and find time to pray to and communicate with God.  A good verse to remember is Matthew 11:28-29: "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest in your souls.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis