- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C heavy whipping cream (don't buy this until you're ready to make the casserole!)
- 2-3 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes (or you can use about two cups of frozen hash browns)
- Approx. 1/2 lb. smoked ham, cubed
- Half of a 10 oz. package of fresh baby spinach, chopped, washed and squeezed dry in paper towels
- 1/2 C shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, plus some for the top
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Butter, for the pan
- Parchment paper
This recipe serves 6-8 people.
What You Do:
Generously butter a 9" round cake pan (make sure your cake pan is at least 3" deep). Cut out parchment paper to fit in the bottom, and place it inside of the buttered pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and whipping cream (by the way, I bought my whipping cream last week when I went grocery shopping. When I opened my cartons, the cream had congealed and gone bad already, so that's why I said not to get the cream until you're ready to make the casserole, or you'll have to go to the store mid-recipe to buy new cream, like me). Add your salt and pepper. Add your potatoes, ham, spinach and cheese and mix well, making sure the ingredients are evenly distributed. Pour into your buttered pan and sprinkle a little extra cheese on top.
Cover the pan and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until the top browns and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.