Wednesday, April 10

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies

One of my first forays into gluten-free baking was a simple one, admittedly.  I have had little appetite lately, but one thing I have been craving is sweet things.  Odd.  I found this recipe on Pinterest, and my mom had also found this recipe online at an area hospital's Celiac website.  Since gluten-free flours are so expensive, I opted for a recipe that was sweet, peanut-buttery, and just what I was craving, sans flour!

Peanut Butter Gluten-Free Cookies
Yep, tastes as good as it looks!

Ingredients:
  • 1 C peanut butter, smooth or crunchy (I prefer smooth)
  • 1 C white sugar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 to 1 1/2 C miniature chocolate chips (Nestle and Hershey both claim that their chocolate chips are gluten-free), plus more for topping

Mix the first four ingredients together well.  Add the chocolate chips and mix.  The dough will be thick!  Using spoons or a cookie scoop, take about a walnut-sized chunk of dough and roll it into a ball with your hands.  Place on an ungreased cookie sheet or a sheet lined with parchment, about 2" apart, and flatten the middle of the ball with your hand or the back of the spoon.  Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of the flattened dough.  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Be careful not to overbake, or they will become dry and crumbly.  I got 21 cookies from this recipe.  These are a great fix for any sweet tooth, gluten-free or gluten-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis