Thursday, March 10

Spring Is On the Way!

Looking for Crocuses
I am thoroughly excited about the prospect of spring!  When I leave for work in the mornings, I hear birds singing that don't sing in the winter.  I see fuzzy buds on the pussy willow trees.  The rain, as copious as it's been here, has a fresh scent to it.  The garden has been planned out as of last night, with green beans, my asparagus patch, onions, lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes and green peppers.  I think I might even have a small patch left for trying my hand at a cut-flower garden!  Hard to believe that it's finally time to start working on that.  Winter seems to not want to let go quite yet, with a rain/snow mix forecasted for today and tonight.  But spring is surely just around the corner!  I might have to take back what I said in an earlier post about the reliability of the groundhog.  We'll see...

Busy, Busy...
We have our annual Maple Sugarin' program out at the McKinnis house farm this weekend, but I won't be able to attend.  My husband's parents are coming to visit, and it sounds like we will be spending a day shopping and exploring Toledo while they are here, which should be fun.  We have plans every weekend, I think!  If we are not out and about, we are trying to do some cosmetic work on our house that we had been putting off until we decided whether to refinance or move.  We refinanced, so now we need to get to work!  Seems like there is a lot to do and not much time to do it.  Hubby and I are also starting to exercise and eat right again, so that we can hopefully lose some of the weight we've packed on over the holidays (and after :) ), and I'll try to keep you posted on our success.  I'm doing a combination of treadmill and exercise with my Wii fitness board, and I am very sore this morning!  But sore is good, and hopefully I can keep getting exercise in before work in the mornings.  That's the goal!

It's important when we are busy to always keep God in everything we do.  Evangelizing is more in our actions than in our words!  Proverbs 3:5-6 states "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."  I always try to remember to acknowledge God in my words and actions, but I will be the first to admit that as a human, I do fail.  But this passage is a good reminder that we are to have God in our minds and hearts in all that we do, regardless of how busy and preoccupied we might become in our own lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis