Saturday, March 1

Phase 2: Almost Complete

Well, we're almost finished with the Phase 2 now.  I don't think it's gotten easier for me, though.  I feel like I spend much of my free time in the kitchen--cooking, then cleaning up, then prepping for the next day.  My husband is determined to see this through, and his commitment is about the only thing that keeps me motivated.  I have to commend him for his seemingly iron willpower.

Zucchini Surprise
We've tried a few more meals, and they aren't bad.  We tried a tuna romanesco, which is a tuna steak with a flavorful red sauce, and an eggplant dish minus the eggplant (the eggplant spoiled in the fridge, and I didn't really want to buy any more) that we've renamed Zucchini Surprise.  I just cut up some zucchini and threw it in the pan to sub for the eggplant that should have been there, and it was pretty tasty!  We also tried the shepherd's pie, which we altered to taste, and our version was very tasty!  Both the Zucchini Surprise and the shepherd's pie might be something that stays in our regular dinner rotation after the three weeks.

We've also tried the mini quiche recipe, which are okay, but nothing to write home about, and along with the bran pancakes, we have breakfast covered.  I discovered that a tablespoon of natural peanut butter on top of the pancakes greatly improves them.  Still, having the oat bran pancakes and the mini quiches are so much better than trying to down a smoothie every morning!  It's been several days since the last smoothie or cheese items, and I've seen some improvement in my symptoms.  I'm guessing that such a large amount of dairy was too much for my system, but I think smaller amounts will probably still be okay.  It might not hurt me to pick up some lactase tablets, though.  I just think that my system is less tolerant of dairy now, and I'm sure it will continue to tolerate it less and less as I age.
I learned the hard way--do not make these using cupcake liners!!  We ended up throwing the whole pan out because we couldn't peel the muffins out of the liners.

I still feel frequently hungry.  I hate that.  But, I'm still adjusting to a new way of eating and a new lifestyle, so patience is necessary.  I still have not had a chance to try out the exercises in the back yet.  I do plan on starting a workout routine soon--when I'm not spending hours in the kitchen!

Weight loss update:
I have lost 9.5 pounds now, and my hubby has lost 10.5 pounds.  I'm more encouraged with these numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis