Monday, March 31

Cast Iron Skillet Recipes

I recently purchased a 10" deep dish cast iron enamel skillet.  Since then, I've discovered what a pleasure it is to cook with!  I don't know how I've lived without all these years. 

Along with using the skillet for regular cooking, I've also been busy scouring the internet for all sorts of recipes to test.  I decided to take one for the team and try this awesome-looking skillet cookie:
The recipe can be found on The Cutting Edge of Ordinary.  I will say that the cookie itself was delicious, but I baked it according to the instructions and it ended up too done.  For me, I will bake it for probably 30-35 minutes instead of the suggested 45 minutes according to the recipe, but I WILL be making this again.  Oh yes.  I highly recommend this cookie for you and 11 of your closest friends--it does make a very large cookie!

The next recipe was from The Pioneer Woman.  I really do love her recipes, and was very eager to try these when I saw it: Buttered Rosemary Rolls.
I used regular-sized Rhode's frozen dinner rolls, and in this 10" skillet, I managed to fit 9 rolls in the pan easily.  I also used oregano and Parmesan instead of rosemary, but don't tell Ree.  Everything else was the same, I promise!
I baked these at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, and these were fantastic!  They were light and fluffy, with just the perfect amount of color all around the bottom and sides.  My hubby raved about these.

I'm also eager to try making a skillet pizza, I just haven't had time yet.  I've fallen in love with using the cast-iron skillet for everything!

I think this is why I've gained a pound and a half since I got this pan.  Sooooo worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I loved this post :) I found you on the Homestead Hop. I'd love for you to share some of your posts on our Mostly Homemade Monday link up, as well! I think you'd fit right in. Here's a link to this week's link up: http://www.thesustainablecouple.com/2014/03/mostly-homemade-mondays-week-74.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a new recipe and your cast iron skillet cookie looks amazing, and what a time saver. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just started using my cast iron skillets again and I love them.

    Thanks for sharing these recipes!

    Lucy
    http://www.lucysnest.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis