Sunday, June 2

Ready for Summer

The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.--Genesis 2:9

I took a little time on Friday to work out in the back yard and garden.  Here are some pictures for your enjoyment!

I've been acclimating my tomato plants to the outdoors with every opportunity I could find, and they seemed to be doing really well when I would set them outside, so I felt that the time had come to get them into the garden for good.  Sorry that the picture doesn't show them very well...so I used arrows!  If they all make it, I might have to learn how to can cherry tomatoes this year.
I also got my first patch of green beans in the dirt, and pulled up the last of my little radish patch.  I got a decent harvest of radishes this time around--a baggie full, enough to last for several salads.  These pictures don't do justice.

The potato plants are getting really big, with pleasant light purple blooms.
The broccoli plants are starting to grow heads. 
The lettuce looks good, and apparently not just to me--my husband found a small rabbit in our back yard, and he looked like he had his sights set on my lettuce patch, too.  I like rabbits, and I think they are cute, but not when they are turning my tiny garden beds into their personal buffet.  I mean, they have the whole world for food, so why go after my goodies?  That's nature, though. 
I also decided to do something different with one of my planters this year, turning it into a flower pot instead of using it for patio veggies or mosquito plants.  It's quite pretty, with all kinds of blooms--Gerbera daisies, fuschia, petunias, ivy, and other miscellaneous ground cover plants.  And as a bonus, we finally got some rain yesterday, so everything perked up nicely.  It's officially growing season, finally!  I love this time of year, but I think I say that about every season.

How is your garden doing so far?  Had any good harvests yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis