Sunday, January 22

January Comes and Goes...

And things don't change much, really.  It seems that January is usually a slow month, but this month has felt like it's gone by quickly.  We finally had a decent snow over the weekend, and everything has a nice white blanket now.  It's not supposed to last long, though.  What an odd winter!  We've had more rain than snow.  Oh well.  I have no control over the weather...yet.  Bwaaaahaaahaaa!

But I digress.  Or do I?  Bwaaaahaaahaaa!

A few weeks ago, we got a lot of rain overnight, and it caused some ponding on the back roads that I take to work.  The water had mostly subsided by the time I left work, and the roads were almost completely dry.  As I was driving, I came up behind an old man in a PT Cruiser, who came to a near-complete stop for some very shallow water that was coming across the road.  After getting through the death-defying water, he would go no faster than 35 mph down a road that was 55 mph, so I decided to pass him when there was no oncoming traffic.  As I passed him, he decides to flip me off!  I don't know why, because I had been patiently driving behind him, but I guess I offended him somehow.  An old man!  Old people aren't as nice as they used to be, I swear. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or be extremely mad at him, and I was a little of both.  I won't tell you what went through my mind--that's between me and God.  I just figure that he was being a moron and I was right, and that's all there is to it.  The end.

Hmm, what else is going on?  I've been lacking motivation lately.  In fact, at times I feel as though I border on depression.  It's hard to try and be excited about doing things I don't want to do.  My husband and I are trying to get back into shape and eat healthier, so that's been a plus.  We've both lost a few pounds so far (I type as I stare at the large peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookie on the plate next to me--you can't deprive yourself of everything, right??) and we've been exercising every day during the week.  I finally have my craft room arranged and useable again, after purchasing two large storage cabinets for my craft supplies.  It's nice to be able to use the room again, and have room to work in there.  Both cabinets are white, so it brightens the room up in the dull winter daylight.  I'm very happy with it.  As a result, I'm working on some new items for my shop.  I got the raise at work that I should have gotten last May, but that raise timing coincided with the pastor who hired me getting assigned to a new church, so it didn't happen.  My husband received a glowing review from his boss at work last week, so we're happy about that.

Well...I guess that's it for now.  Another Sunday gone, and another case of the Mondays is about to set in.  At least I have a few delicious cookies to cheer me up this week.

I know you're jealous.

It's easy to feel alone or forgotten in this world.  Life is tough!  Here is a Scripture verse from Isaiah 41:10 that I find encouraging: "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."  I hope you find it encouraging, too!

2 comments:

  1. I like to do the overly excited happy wave when that happens. It makes me laugh b/c it makes them even madder.
    You and your hubby should do a mud 5k obstacle run. You don't have to be fast or run the whole thing. It is pretty laid back, but good exercise :)Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally keeping the wave in mind for when that happens again...that's great! The mud run sounds fun. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis