Friday, August 26

Hello All!

Time To Get Out Of Dodge!
There's not much to talk about right now.  I did have another Art-See-Mart on August 20, which was depressingly slow.  It took four hours to make the $10 booth fee back!  But that's just how it goes sometimes.  I'm investigating the possibility of doing a few large craft shows in the area, so hopefully I'll have more luck next time.  I have felt for a few weeks now that there is not enough time to work, do housework, and try to get TSFT up and running.  If only the days had another four or five hours!  I'm left with no time to do anything else.  Hubby and I are contemplating a long weekend trip out of town, because I think we could both use a little time away.  It would be nice to take a trip with him for a change!
Conner Prairie Farmhouse, 2009
Conner House, Conner Prairie, 2009
 The Dreaded C-Word
Now that the ninety-plus degree weather is gone, my thoughts are beginning to turn toward fall.  I'm looking forward to the beautiful days and cool nights.  The days are already noticeably shorter.  It won't be long before the trees change, and I'll be anticipating the excitement of the first snowfall, and Christmas!  Of course, the stores have begun displaying Christmas items already--I think Hobby Lobby started their Christmas section last month!  Even too early for me.  But, I am looking forward to Christmas decorating--I've dreamed about it twice now!  I found an interesting blog that has a cute idea for a Christmas decoration: Christmas trees from fabric scraps (click on the link to go to the instruction page). I came across it while searching for something else, but thought I would share it with you in case you felt crafty.  I'd love to give it a whirl!
Finished Christmas tree--Photo from All Things Heart and Home (click the link in the Interesting Sites box to the right to check out the blog--she has some great decorating ideas!)
Beans, Beans...
I finally got a decent harvest of green beans out of the garden.  I took a gallon Ziploc bag out with me and filled it up halfway, then added another good harvest to the bag that was keeping in the fridge.  We cooked them last night and still have plenty for another meal.  Finally, yay!  The garden will soon be done for the year again.  Hopefully, next year's garden will be more successful.

There has been some strange happenings lately...an earthquake along the East Coast, then the first hurricane to hit the States in three years (also along the East Coast)...it would seem as though America is under attack from nature!  But there is nothing to fear; God controls all.  Simply put your trust in Him! "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.  By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." (Hebrews 11:1-3)  God has power that we cannot even try to understand.  So why do we fret over things we can do nothing about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis