Monday, August 15

Brief Updates

Craft Show
Well, the craft show was okay...I came home with less than what I had at the start of the day, which was my goal, but I still had more than what I had hoped for.  There was a hot-air balloon festival this past weekend, so there were more people in town than normal, but apparently this adversely affected the turnout for the craft show, so I'll try again this coming Saturday.
Half of my display
End of Summer
I can't believe that it's halfway through August already!  Where has the year gone??  The weather is even cooler--yesterday felt just a bit like fall, with cool temps, rain and gray clouds.  While there is nothing specific that has kept us so busy, it just seems like this has been a busy year.  While I was outside yesterday collecting a few green beans from the garden, I found this guy crawling up the side of the house:
Does anyone know what he might turn into?  I've never seen a yellow fuzzypillar.  If you know or have a guess, add a comment at the end of the post!

Prayer List?
I've been thinking about this for a while, and wanted some input.  Would anyone be interested in starting a prayer list on here?  It can be something that anyone can add to--just comment at the end of any post, and it'll be added to the list.  It can also be a praise list, and as descriptive or vague as you'd like.  That way,  hopefully anyone who reads the blog might be praying for you or your concern.  If I get feedback, then we'll start it!  Please let me know what you think.

I've always found it easier to give God praise for the good things in my life, but find it hard to go to God when I'm hurting.  I would rather curl up in a little ball and stew over the problem then ask God to help me through it, which is just ridiculous!  I always wonder if I'm strange like that, or are others like that too?  Matthew 21:21-22 says, "Jesus replied, 'Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.'"  Now, if that doesn't motivate us to pray, I don't know what will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis