Thursday, April 7

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Come Again Another Day!
Mr. Bunny from last summer
Well, I still haven't been able to get my garden soil worked.  The ground is so saturated right now that there's nothing but mud around the garden beds.  It seems like we always get an abundance of rain in the early spring...then everything gradually dries out until the middle and end of the summer season is a drought.  It would be great if I could save up all of this rain and use it when the weather goes into the dry pattern!  Then I would be set, and wouldn't have to haul out the hose at all in the summer.  The rain has certainly greened things up, though.  It's nice to see green grass, hear all of the different varieties of birds singing, and see the buds on the tree branches just waiting to open up.  Spring is a great time of year!  And it leads to summer, another great time of the year!

My New Toy
Stock photo
I finally decided on a camera.  I went with the Nikon Coolpix S8100 (to see specs, click on the link), and I got it for a fair price through the  Best Buy website.  I'm still trying to figure out all of the different features and settings, which is a little tricky because the user's manual is all on CD and not in print form.  So far, the photos I've taken look clear and crisp, but that's just viewing them using the display screen on the back.  I will charge it and take photos with both my old HP digital camera and my new Nikon camera and compare.  Thus far I'm impressed, but I can't really give an opinion yet, since I haven't really used it.

Surgery Rescheduled
Well, my dad's heart cath was moved to this Monday, so I will be heading up to keep my sister company in the hospital waiting room.  Please pray that God would give him a wake-up call and present an opportunity to talk to him about having a relationship with the Lord, because unless my father brings a topic up, it's basically like talking to a very ornery brick wall.  Thanks!

Regardless of what we experience in life--sadness, disappointment, struggles, loss--it's so important to remember that God is in control.  Even the bad situations that we are presented with are used by God to shape us into the people that He wants us to become, in order to do His will.  When things don't go "our way", God is usually trying to get our attention and shape us into something He can use.  When we do things our way, that is usually the time that our situations will get way out of hand.  "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." -Colossians 2:6-7.  Give thanks to God for the life that He has blessed you with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis