Saturday, April 16

Asparagus, Peppers, and Cookies, Oh My!

Asparagus

I was able, in the day or two last week without rain, to get the leaves off of the garden beds.  To my surprise, I found my first two asparagus spears peeking out of the dirt!  This picture is from a week ago, and since then, I have several spears popping up, and the spear in the picture is a good 6" tall or more.  I think they were so happy to be uncovered that they couldn't help themselves but reach for the sky.  I guess that if nothing else gets planted this year, I will still have some asparagus to munch on!
  

Peppers
I took advantage of a sale on sweet bell peppers at Meijer to stock up for our fajita nights (for my simple fajita recipe, click here).  I found the book in the background on clearance at Lowe's, and I used it to learn how to properly freeze fresh peppers.  I know that you can just throw chopped onions in the freezer and they will keep well, but I didn't know you could do basically the same thing with peppers.  I am finding the book quite helpful, and hope to learn all about preserving so that I will have fresh veggies and fruits all year long!

Cookies
I like to bake on rainy days.  There's something about the smell of freshly baked goods that just makes the house feel so warm and inviting on a gloomy day!  I really wanted some cookies, so I decided to try a recipe that I found on a friend's blog, Cake Mix Cookies.  It's a super-easy recipe, and boy were they good!  I've added the recipe to The Recipe Swap, feel free to check it out.  I promise, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis