Wednesday, February 2

Snow Day!

Photo from the All Things Digital Website
Hello from snowy, slippery Ohio!  I had a snow day today thanks to the storm that has debilitated a large chunk of the country right now.  I guess the groundhog is predicting an early spring this year...we'll see.  I have to say, I don't trust anything a groundhog says.  You know how they are.

Because I was home today, I took the opportunity to do housework and baking.  I tried a new recipe for dinner rolls which can be found on the Recipes page under "Top Notch Dinner Rolls".  I found this recipe on The Amish Cook website.  This is a good and informative website about Amish life and culture, and frequently features pictures and recipes of Amish life, as well as the "Amish Cook" weekly column written by an Old-Order Amish woman named Lovina Eicher and read in many newspapers across the country.  This is her editor's website. Okay, now that you have all of the background, I have to say these rolls were very good!  I am posting the full recipe, and it makes around 30 decent-sized rolls.  I would recommend halfing it if you are a small family like us.  I'm going to try and freeze the rolls, and I will comment on the recipe about whether this ends up being a good idea or bad one.  This is a great bread recipe, and I think it would make two good-sized bread loaves if you want to try that.  We are having meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and the rolls, and for dessert I whipped up a chocolate pudding pie in a graham cracker crust.  I enjoy being home to make a hearty meal for a cold, snowy day!  I hope everyone has weathered (haha, pun intended) the storm well, and that everyone stays warm and safe for the rest of the winter, no matter how long it may last!

The weather has been rough this winter.  I really think that this winter has been the worst in quite a while...cold, snowy, gray and dreary for the majority up to this point.  So it warms me to think of how much God loves His children, and remembering that always gives me hope of what is to come!  Think of these verses: "He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he."--Deut. 32:4; "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you."--Psalm 9:10; "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."--Psalm 36:5.  Praise God for His unconditional love always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis