Friday, February 18

Beware The Ides of February...Oh, wait...

I Feel Like Ramblin'
I don't know why I chose the Shakespeare reference for my title this time, I just felt like being random.  So!  I've been getting much of what I wish for lately...first I wished for lots of snow.  I sure got that wish!  Then, I wished for it to all melt and for spring to come.  It's been spring-like and the entire 12+" of snow that covered the ground has all but melted away!  Now, I wish that the spring weather is here to stay, and that I had millions of dollars!  I'm very much looking forward to the days when I can open the windows to air out the house after along and stuffy winter...get some spring cleaning done...get my garden planted!  I'm ready for all of the sickness to fade out and the sinus problems to disappear for another year.  Last year at this time, I was preparing for my sister's wedding, which I still think about often.  It was one of the best weddings I've ever been to!  Everyone had a great time.  And it was so nice and warm out!  Lately I seem to be waxing nostalgic.  I keep thinking back to my sister's wedding, back to good times with friends...college...people that are no longer here.  Life sure is full of changes.  I know, the only thing constant in life is death and taxes.  What would life be like if no one or nothing ever changed?  What if you could stop time when you finally accomplish everything you always hoped for when you were young, and just bask in the happiness?  What if you never had to say good-bye to people you loved?  I guess that's where faith in Jesus Christ comes in, even though your faith doesn't save you from going through some pretty difficult situations in life.  I think that I feel like I'm in a stagnant part of life right now, which makes me look to the past instead of planning for the future.  It's easier to look at the past--you already know what happened.  No one ever knows what the future will hold.  I guess that's why we should appreciate what we have right now, and who we have right now, because there may not be a tomorrow.  Carpe diem!  Carpe chocolate!

Uncertainty can be troubling, and unfortunately, life is full of it.  There are many verses in the Bible about trusting God when life seems questionable.  I like this one: "Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."  Psalm 55:22.  Honestly, it's not always easy to trust that God has the best things in store for us, but He does!  You might see it right away, over time, or never at all, but God's way is always the best way, and He will always watch out for His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis