Saturday, February 2

The Little Things, Pt. 2


Philippians 4:18-20, NASB:  
“But I have received everything in full and have an abundance; I am amply supplied...a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God.  And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.  Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever.  Amen." 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NASB:  
“Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 


Since there is just not that much to talk about or share, I decided that a pick-me-up post was in order.  Finally into February, after what seemed like a very long January, this time of the year always feels like winter will last forever.  So instead of giving in to the winter doldrums, I decided that it would be fun to look around and find pleasure in the simple things around me.  So, what are you grateful for?



1) I'm grateful for a warm house in the midst of the snow.

2) I'm grateful for fresh-from-the-oven cookies.

3) I'm grateful for a poinsettia that has lasted past Christmas.

4) I'm grateful for my husband and life-long partner, represented by my stuffed Rudolph.

5) I'm grateful for a God who loves me no matter how much I mess up each day.


6) I'm grateful for a car that runs and a job that pays the bills.


7) I'm grateful for my creativity.  By the way, the ironing board cover works great, and I love it!  No more store-bought covers for me.

8) I'm grateful for the ability to work with my hands.

9) I'm grateful for the dishes that I have to wash every day, the clothes that I iron, and the indoor bathroom that I clean--because God has provided everything we need, and those are little reminders.


10)  I'm grateful for love.

1 comment:

  1. Lately I have been focusing on how grateful I am for the close relationship we have as a family. My son and daughter are 6 years apart and have not always been friends. Today, as adults, they are not just close to my husband and me, they are good friends. We really didn't think that closeness would ever come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis