Sunday, October 28

Lemon Cookies

I have been relaxing this weekend.  It's nice to have downtime!  But during my downtime, I made a batch of these lemon cookies.  My husband found this recipe and sent it to me, with an indirect request for me to make them sometime.  I'm not a lemon fan, but even I thought these were tasty!  I tend to be a picky eater, so if I like them, chances are that you will, too!


Ingredients:
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 C powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350*.  Grease a light-colored baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside (I just used parchment paper, and it seemed to work fine).

In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice.  Scrape sides and mix again.
Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.  Scrape sides of the bowl and mix again briefly.
Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate.  Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in the powdered sugar.  Place on baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms barely begin to brown and cookies have a matte look to them (neither shiny nor melted).  Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack.  If you use a non-stick dark baking sheet, reduce the baking time by about 2 minutes.
I cut the recipe in half, because the original recipe above says that it makes anywhere from two to three dozen cookies.  I got 10 normal sized cookies from halving it.  I didn't roll the cookie dough in the powdered sugar, either--I just sprinkled some on top before putting them in the oven.  Hubby still liked them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis