Tuesday, May 3

To The Moms

M-O-T-H-E-R
Hello Moms!  I know that you are all busy, so I just thought I would give a little encouragement for this weekend.

Well, I thought that I would talk about all of the hard work and sacrifices that mothers go through on a daily basis.  Then I thought I would talk about how selfless you have to be.  Then, your protective nature, your unconditional love, your discipline, and how you don't get or expect to get anything in return.  But then I realized, that's all been done already!  Still, you deserve a heart-felt and deep thanks for everything you've never done in order to raise your children, so THANK YOU!  I know that at times it's not easy to do.

I might not ever know what it's like to be a mother, and honestly I think I'd be okay with that.  But I do, of course, have a mother, and I remember what it was like to be young.  My sister and I would fight and argue with each other, and I still remember what the wallpaper looked like in the corner of the kitchen where I was sent to stand when I was just too bad (it was an avacado green and white diamond pattern, with various colorful fruits and vegetables in the middle of each diamond).  I know that we both refused to eat certain elements of our meals, and were not allowed to leave the table until said elements were gone--and we didn't have a dog to sneak our food to.  It's not that our mother was a bad cook, we were just that picky.  I remember splitting my lip open on the frame of a partially-completed playhouse in our backyard, because I was just not thinking at the time, and my mom had to try and calm me down and wipe up all of the blood.  I have heard stories of trials and tribulations, from not only my mother, but from friends who are now parents themselves.  Many seem to revolve around their young children and experiences with potty-training, cleaning food off of the walls, waking up to a sick child, and so on...and what amazes me most is that they would do it all again in a heartbeat!  Honestly, it is a special kind of woman that makes a mother.  I have to believe that their reward is the good times with their child: the smiles, laughter, "I wuv you"s, crayon drawings on the fridge, hugs and kisses.

So, to my mother, and to all mothers out there, thank you for taking the time to clean up the mountain of poo with the soldier on top, washing the never-ending piles of laundry, holding our hair back when we had the stomach flu, and being our shoulder to cry on.  Thank you for loving your children when we are unlovable, difficult, petulant, and frightened.  Thank you for encouraging us and telling us that we are the best at doing something that we are really the worst at.  Thank you for being our mothers.  May your husband prepare a delicious meal for you, and may your children fan you with palm fronds and rub your feet this weekend!





What does God think about a noble wife and mother?  Read the passage below for yourself, and see that He holds her in a high regard!
Proverbs 31:10-31
 10A wife of noble character who can find?
   She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
   all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
   and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
   bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still dark;
   she provides food for her family
   and portions for her servant girls.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
   out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
   and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
   and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
   and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
   for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
   she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
   where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
   and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
   she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
   and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
   her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
   but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned,
   and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis