Tuesday, October 19

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!...?

Pumpkin Patchin'
Well, this past weekend hubby and I made our yearly trip to the pumpkin farm to get the final touch for fall decorating: pumpkins!  Every year since we've been here we've tried a different pumpkin farm.  This year, we tried Lehner's Farm in Radnor, Ohio.  It was a beautiful day for a drive, and it took about an hour to get there.  It was a neat place!  When we arrived, there weren't many people there yet, but by the time we left, it was much busier.  They offer several activities, including a corn maze, pumpkin slingshot (you hurl mini pumpkins into a field with a twenty-foot-tall slingshot--very cool!), free hayrides and a pick-your-own pumpkin patch.  Well, I grabbed a wagon and went to town!  I browsed the small gift shop and the pumpkins that were available for purchase in the yard, already harvested, and then we were off to the pumpkin patch!  For as late in the year as it is, there was still plenty to choose from.  We bought two large pumpkins for carving, three pie pumpkins, five small pumpkins for setting out around the house, and a large bunch of Indian corn, all for $15!  It was a great deal, well worth the drive.  I will try to post photos of our carved pumpkins in the near future.  And of course, I will be saving all of the pumpkin seeds to bake, as I have done for several years now.  Hubby enjoys the treat.  Unfortunately, he didn't get any last year, because my batch baked for a little too long in the oven :( .  This year, I vow to watch a little more closely!

Updates With Our Jobs
My husband and I have now been at our new jobs for two weeks.  We both enjoy our new positions.  Hubby is under a lot less stress, and even gets to do a little traveling from time to time!  With his last position, he wasn't allowed to go anywhere during his twelve hour shift, including getting to take a lunch break or even going to the bathroom, so he greatly enjoys his new freedom.  He has also received his first assignment, and I'm sure he will do a great jobI'm getting much more comfortable in my new job.  This is the first week that I am on my own.  I think I'm beginning to get into a routine, and that is helpful.  I enjoy making bulletin inserts and Powerpoint slides for the services.  It's fun, and I get to be somewhat creative.  In the near future I will also learn how to enter and change things on the church website, which should be interesting.  I've been interested in learning about creating websites (but not as in-depth as writing codes--ugh), so this will be a good learning experience.  Praise God for the blessings He has given us!

Congrats Are In Order
Well, a few new things to announce: my brother-in-law has landed a new job, and my sister-in-law just had her fourth child, a girl.  Congratulations to both!

Things seem to be going well right now.  But even when things are not going well in our lives, we still have to give thanks for all that we have been given, because God can use even the worst situations for His glory.  So, "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever"!--Psalm 136:1


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis