Tuesday, February 28

An Un-Update

For sale in my Etsy store, The Sunflower Tree
There is absolutely nothing of note going on here in our lives right now.  We've been plenty busy, had a great Valentine's weekend, and had our taxes prepared, but nothing that seems noteworthy.  When that happens, I usually attempt something humorous, but it seems that I'm even low on humor of late, which I take to mean that I  have writer's block.  I didn't realize that my last post was twenty-five days ago...I guess I've been uninspired for a month now!  I haven't even tried any new recipes that I can recall.  Really, this is a quiet time of year for me, and many people.  I would say I'm looking forward to warm weather, but really, this winter has been pretty warm (at least, for northern Ohio)!  So, it seems that there's not much to say.  I always enjoy peaceful, quiet times in life anyway.  I despise drama.  I hope everyone else is having a peaceful moment in their lives, too!

I came across this verse in Ecclesiastes, and it seemed fitting to my life and mood right now:
Ecclesiastes 9:1-3, 7-10:
"So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them. All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not… Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do. Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis