Sunday, October 30

Hello!

Hi!  I know I've been busy, but I'm hoping that things will be getting back to quasi-normal here soon.  Just wanted to give a brief update, so here goes:
We had our final craft show yesterday.  It went well, but doing these shows is a lot of work, and I think I'm done for now.  I have found that it hasn't really had any effect on my website traffic, and I didn't make enough cash to fund my shop long-term.  I'm not giving up, which is why I am renting space in a real brick-and-mortar store, but I don't think that I will have time or energy to do more craft shows with the holidays fast approaching.  Thanks to everyone who has offered words of encouragement and support thus far; I do appreciate it!  I mentioned on Facebook that I'm working on a new line of products, and here are some more photos of what I'm doing:
Mr. Beagledore, although he looks more like the mutt we had when I was younger
Lloyd the llama--I love his face
Lloyd the llama
I mentioned before that I am learning how to needle felt, which is basically sculpting wool into objects using a very sharp, barbed needle.  You poke the wool into the shape you want.  I'm planning to order more wool and try my hand at more animals to sell online and in the shop in Bowling Green.  I'm also planning to experiment with polymer clay and creating a family-friendly Christmas fun kit--but more on that later.

We've been busy with all sorts of things lately, including fixing problems with our house.  I would still rather have a house than live in an apartment, but it can really try my patience.  Such is life.  I'll be having a birthday soon, so I'm going to have fun with that.  Plus, it won't be long before Thanksgiving is here, and I'm just itching to decorate for Christmas already.  I don't know why I want to rush the end of the year, because there really is no reason to do so.  It will just mean that when the holidays are over, the crash will be harder, and the snow will be deeper, and everyone will start to look forward to spring.  Life seems to go by so quickly...

There are a few people I know who have just recently gotten engaged.  Congratulations!!

I have to constantly remind myself that if the business doesn't get better, it's not the end of the world.  God just might have another plan for me.  Psalm 119:36-37 says, "Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word."  It's always easy to lose sight of what's important, so this is a great reminder of what is really important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Your input is appreciated. Don't worry, it'll post soon. Have a good day!

ShareThis